2 min read | October 9 2022
If you’ve followed my (pretty infrequent) posts over the last couple of years, you might’ve noticed a slight trend of occasionally posting about things pertaining to my own growth beyond software development. Digital minimalism, deep work, honed focus, and even body-weight control, for example, are all things I’ve spent a significant amount of time reading about, mulling over, and occasionally writing about myself. I believe this growth path to be sequential — a meandering walk through so many interesting facets of life that continues to challenge me toward positive directions, but one that can be followed in a linear direction. This probably won’t stop any time soon… I really enjoy exploring the psyche of productivity, focus, and development. After all, as I noted in a prior post, Digital Minimalism Follow-Up Pt. 2, my chief ambition is:
I want to grow great relationships and do fulfilling things.
And both of those concepts (with their many sub-branches) will undoubtedly require my continued personal growth.
Anyway, my goal with this post is actually to have it be an ordered index to all of the growth articles I’ve written and reflected on. Just want to make it easier to follow this winding path! In order, these posts are:
- December 2020: Going Deep, My first plan and foray into removing external distractions from my life
- May 2021: Going Deep: Follow-Up Pt. 1, Some feedback on how ‘doing deep’ had gone so far, some plan implementation notes and tool ideas
- July 2022: Digital Minimalism Follow-Up Pt. 2, Finally covers the internal side, the “why” behind it all, and combating various distractions
- July 2022: Procrastination Illustrated, Just a brief visual representation of time quality tradeoffs I found neat
- October 2022: Diet as a Primer for Making the ‘Right Choice’, A curious idea for training the hard-choice muscles via diet
- October 2022: My Morning Routine, Explained, A quick rundown of the specific set of practices I leverage for success in the morning and why